TES were the nominated LV electrical switchgear contractor to design, manufacture, install and commission LV Switchgear and the Electrical Management System (EMS) and for the Co-Operative Group’s new sustainable and innovative Head Office in Manchester.
Part of the Group’s £800m NOMA Project for the development of it’s 20 acre land holdings in Manchester’s city centre, the Group’s high sustainability aspiration is demonstrated in the building’s design to achieve a BREEAM ‘Outstanding’ level and carbon neutral footprint requiring innovative sustainable technologies and systems to be incorporated into it’s design, an aspect which TES took onboard in the design, supply and installation of their plant and EMS system.
The delivery of the building’s LV/MV distribution, power generation and control system was split into four contracts:
- HV switchgear and transformers;
- LV switchboards and the design, supply, installation and integration of the Electrical Management System (EMS) for the HV, CHP and generator systems;
- CHP unit and associated control systems;
- Low voltage generator sets and associated control systems.
As the nominated LV electrical switchgear and EMS contractor TES’ scope of design, supply, installation and testing/commissioning included:
- Main LV, CHP and Generator Switchboards;
- Mechanical x2, Ancillaries, Lift x3, Kitchen x2 Switchboards;
- Standalone Power Factor Correction Units x3;
- 400A x1, 100A x6, 63A x6, 32A x3 Auto-Changeover Switchboards;
- UPS Input and Ouput Boards x2 , Power Distribution Units x4;
- EMS Control Panel and PLC, PC with EMS and SCADA software systems and associated network and fibre optic cabling ;
- Complete FAT, SAT, onsite commissioning, documentation and training.