TES have begun the process of transitioning our OHSAS 18001 certification to the new ISO 45001:2018 standard, which came into effect on 12 March 2018. The new international Occupational Health and Safety standard has been developed in order to reduce to 2.78 million work-related deaths and 374 million non-fatal work related injuries and illnesses each year. OHSAS 18001 organisations have a period of three years to migrate to the new standard but TES are making the move early in order to maximise the improvements to occupational health, safety and wellbeing that the new standard will bring.
The new ISO 45001:2018 standard will;
- Bring continual improvement into the heart of TES;
- Increase involvement of the leadership team;
- Introduce risk and opportunity management;
- Help TES become a more consistent competitor in the marketplace;
- Provide better Quality, Environmental & H&S management systems (Which in turn assists TES in meeting, presenting & identifying future client needs);
- Increase efficiency that will save time, money and resources;
- Improve operational performance that will cut errors and drive continuous improvement;
- Motivate, engage and involve TES staff with more efficient internal processes;
- Improve our service to clients;
- Broaden business opportunities by demonstrating compliance.
In addition to the OHSAS 18001 certification TES also have in place ISO 9001:2015 Quality and ISO 14001:2015 Environmental to make up the companies Integrated Management System. This undergoes a yearly, comprehensive external audit, with the last four day external audit being carried out by NQA at the end of 2018. The TES systems were once again given the stamp of approval, with no non-conformances or negative trends identified.
Commenting on the transition to the new ISO standard TES SHEQ Manager John Crossan said “at TES we are constantly striving for improvement, adopting this new standard will help to ensure occupational health, safety and wellbeing standards continue to improve; our employees and other stakeholder health, safety & wellbeing remains our number one priority.”