Remote factory testing, also known as remote factory acceptance testing (RFAT), is a quality assurance and testing process that allows TES and our clients to assess and verify the functionality and performance our switchgear without being physically present at the manufacturing site. This is particularly important in situations where the customer and the manufacturing facility are located in different geographic locations.
The remote FAT system developed by TES can be used securely with any video conferencing platform including Microsoft Teams, Google Meet and Zoom. The TES testing engineer wears a head-mounted camera, fitted with a microphone and screen allowing them to operate, hands-free, from TES HQ.
They will communicate with you in real time, with a live video of what they are seeing and what they are doing streamed to your computer. You can instruct the engineer to look at a specific item and for any intricate details the camera can zoom, takes photos and enhance them.
A detailed report summarising the testing process, results, and any identified issues is then generated and provided to the customer for their review.
Based on the results of the remote factory testing, the customer can decide whether to accept the equipment or product. If any issues are identified, they can be addressed and retested, and the process may be repeated until the customer is satisfied.
TES’s Remote factory testing offers several advantages for our clients:
- Cost Savings: It eliminates the need for customers to travel to the manufacturing site, reducing travel expenses and associated costs.
- Time Efficiency: Remote testing can often be scheduled, therefore more flexibly, reducing the time needed for the testing process.
- Accessibility: It allows customers from anywhere in the world to participate in the testing process.
- Safety: Especially in cases of sensitive or hazardous equipment, remote testing keeps customers safe by avoiding physical exposure to potentially risky environments.
- Environmental Benefits: Reducing the need for travel can also have positive environmental impacts by lowering carbon emissions.
The remote FAT system is available for all TES clients, for further information please contact us.
A video demonstrating the functionality of TES’s remote FAT system is available to view below.