TES have recently supplied the LV distribution equipment for a major Data Centre expansion project, completing it in record time when the clients existing supply chain were unable to meet tight programme requirements. By providing new capacity the client hopes to be able to support the growing demands of the co-location market throughout the European Union.
Despite the current global COVID-19 pandemic the European Data Centre market has continued to see consistent growth as the adoption of cloud computing services booms; driven by an unprecedented increase in remote working, increased reliance on e-commerce and adoption of cloud computing services for entertainment and communication.
This is the latest Co-location data centre project that TES have completed, incorporating the latest design technology, manufacturing techniques, next generation switchgear components, instrumentation and monitoring technology. TES were selected by the client to supply the LV distribution equipment for a number of factors;
- the existing supply chain solutions in place were unable to meet the tight programming requirements of the project. TES were able to design, manufacture, test, install and commission the equipment in record time, maintaining the clients construction programme.
- the data centre was being constructed within an existing, refurbished building. As a result the space available for the LV distribution equipment was limited, TES were able, by utilising the latest BIM 360 technology, to design the equipment to fit the room and avoid clashes with other services.
- TES have a team of European based service engineers, able to provide rapid response services to clients experiencing any technical difficulties, ensuring maximum uptime of operations.
The unique approach taken by TES ensures rapid manufacture, installation and commissioning to provide a world-class product and service to clients. As part of the project TES supplied the following equipment:
- Design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Main LV UPS input /output Switchboards and PDU’s for critical services;
- Fully withdrawable ACBs;
- Form 4B Type 6 construction;
- Thermal imaging windows;
- PLC Hardware;
- Software design, development, testing and commissioning.
Commenting on the successful completion of this latest data centre project Martin Brannigan, TES Operations Director said “we are still relatively new to the data centre market and are continuing to build our reputation and grow awareness. We are finding that our 20 years experience in other critical infrastructure industries have enabled us to bring some new ideas and techniques to our data centre clients, providing a range of benefits and ensuring long-term performance of their critical operations. We look forward to working closely with both current and new clients in the future on their global projects as we support their growth and development plans”.
TES can provide a wide range of purpose build solutions for the data centre market. To find out more and contact us please visit our LV Switchgear page.