Bishops Court, London was undergoing comprehensive redevelopment with refurbishment comprising of the provision of retail accomodation at Basement, Ground and First Floor levels with office accomodation above on levels 2 to 6.
A new main switchroom was created at basement level to house the incoming electrical services switchgear for the commercial office. The retail unit is served from the new sub-station via a Ryefield board maintained by UKPN.
TES were responsible for the design, manufacture and supply of new LV Switchgear for the works. The Contract Works included for:
- Installation of a new floor standing form 4 type 6 main distribution switchboard incorporating incoming ACB protection for the primary mains incoming supplies and provision of outgoing supplies to the sub-main distribution network.
- A separate life safety switchpanel to serve all life safety systems from a roof located generator.
- Switchboard includes outgoing MCCB’s for each load centre within the commercial office space and landlord services.
- Provision of two Tenants’ rising busbars, for dual tenant split
- One tap-off for the Tenant lighting and power MCB boards.
- Space for future tenant SER tap-off allowed.
- Bus-bar risers fed by submain cables sized to supply the tenants’ normal lighting, chilled beam control, general power loads and
- Tenants future SER and dealing loads.
- Sub-main cables primarily XLPE/SWA/LSF with safe skin fire rated cables (MICC) for compliance with BS 8519 categories 1,2 and 3.
Henderson Global Investors