From 10th May 2018 all Potable Water Suppliers in the UK who supply water to 200,000 or more people are subject to new regulations as per the EU NIS Directive.
As an Operator of Essential Services (OES) you must:
- Take appropriate and proportionate technical and organisational measures to manage risks to the ICS Network by employing state of the art technology to secure networks.
- Take appropriate and proportionate measures to prevent and minimise the impact of incidents affecting the security of the ICS network and information systems in order to ensure continuity.
- Report annually to GCHQ identifying the number and nature of NIS incidents. The first report is due on or before 1st July 2018.
Failure to adequately protect your network and information systems can result in a fine of up to £17m.
How can TES help?
- NIS Regulation Policy Consultation;
- ICS Network Audits to IEC63442 standard;
- Passive ICS Penetration Testing;
- ICS Firmware & Patch Management;
- Independent Hardware Testing.
For further information or to discuss with TES how we can help please contact us.