The Design Museum moved from Butler’s Wharf to the former Commonwealth Institute, opening it’s doors on 24th November 2016. The Design Museum is the world’s leading museum devoted to contemporary design in every form from architecture and fashion to graphics, product and industrial design. The new building has provided the museum with three times more space than the previous building.
TES were awarded the contract for providing the new power distribution equipment for the new facilities. The Contract Works included for:
- Two main intake switchboards – Main LV Switchboard (2000A) & Life Safety Switch Panel (250A)
- Free standing cubicle type switchboard, top entry cabling and in accordance with BS EN 60439-1 Form 4 Type 5 and BS EN 60529 IP31
- Switchboard short circuit withstand capacity of 50kA for 1 second
- All ACBs and MCCBs fitted with electronic trip units
- Complete with outgoing moulded case circuit breakers
- All meters connected and commissioned onto the Building Management System
- Full factory and site acceptance testing
- Single & three phase distribution boards to feed general lighting and power as well as local plant and equipment.
- Distribution boards surface mounted metal clad pattern with integral isolating switches in accordance with BS5486 Part 12 and BSEN60439-3.