The site was acquired to develop a student accommodation building with leisure centre and 3 retail/commercial units. The development contains 801 student bedrooms over 2 towers with 18 floors and 9 floors respectively, comprising of individual student studios, 5 bed cluster apartments, 4 bed cluster apartments, 3 bed cluster apartments and 2 bed cluster apartments with communal kitchens.
TES were awarded the contract for the installation, termination, testing and commissioning of the low voltage switchgear and transformers, including all instrumentation, protection and earthing equipment. The Contract Works included for:
- Main Switchboard; floor standing Form 4 welded ASTA certified type tested construction to BS EN 60439-1
- Main Switchboard fitted with plugin type MCCB circuit breaker frames and devices
- Essential Services Switchboard; floor standing Form 4 welded ASTA certified type tested construction to BS EN 60439-1
- Lift Distribution Board
- Distribution Boards for Block A, Block B1 and Block B2
- Switchboards suitable for top cable entry and front cable access.